Wednesday, May 11, 2016

What do I expect in the New president

The May 9, 2016 National and Local Elections. These was the 16th presidential election in the Philippines since 1935 and the sixth sextenial presidential election since 1986. The election is held every 6 years after 1992 on the second Monday of May. The incumbent presidents term is limited.



According to news, Duterte is the leading presidentiable candidate and that he will surely wins. Duterte claimed the nickname "The Punisher". Over a period of 20 years he turned Davao City from the "murder capital of the Philippines" to what tourism organization now describe as the most peaceful city in the Southeast Asia and numbco.com ranks as the worlds fourth safest place. Some of his platforms was to fight corruption, crime and drug abuse. Duterte was the peoples choice and that I am not one of the netizen who liked him because of some reasons. Eventhough I am not a pro Duterte and still I will state my expectations to him. I expect that his platforms before the said election will be fullfill. One of its platforms was to lessen the usage of drugs. I expect that upon his term drug users should not be killed right away, due process should be given to them. Based on what I have seen on social media that if Duterte wins he will impose the 1am curfew. I am not really affected because I am not really fond of going to bars and "lakwatsa" and if ever I will "lakwatsa" I will be at home before 12 am because that is my curfew at home. I think this is good in order to avoid crime. I also expect that Duterte will lessen or solve the unemployment rate here in our country and hope to make our country a productive. I know that being a president is not easy and that he will just try his very best to serve our countrymen.



No comments:

Post a Comment